Art Lesson: Tropical Fish

What a colorful lesson this was!

There is such a mystery when it comes to the ocean. There are new creatures yet to be discovered and so much to learn in the ocean.

Of all the water on Earth, 97.5% is contained within the oceans, while the remaining 2.5% is freshwater lakes and frozen water locked up in glaciers and the polar ice caps – almost 69% of the fresh water on Earth is ice.

 That is a lot of water and a lot to be fascinated with!

Here is the video I posted to my Facebook page

We read the book Flotsam together.

This book is so amazing! I love love love it. It is a book with out words and full of thought provoking imaginative pictures. This is the kind of book you watch the reactions on the children’s while you read because their faces are priceless. Wonder is an amazing expression.

In the book every kid who finds the washed up camera takes a picture of themselves holding a picture of the last child who had the camera and then throws it back out to sea. The camera takes pictures while in the ocean of things you may not expect!

We also read Ocean to learn more about underwater sea life. Its amazing!

I was really happy to see the kids getting inspiration from the books we had read. You will see that many of the drawings have unique backgrounds and color choices because of the books.

Photo Oct 13, 5 09 00 PM


 Drawn by an 8 year old


Drawn by an 8 year old

Photo Oct 13, 6 03 08 PM


Drawn by a 7 year old

Photo Oct 20, 4 41 37 PM


Drawn by a 6 year old

Photo Oct 16, 11 14 49 AM

Drawn by a 5 year old

Photo Oct 16, 11 14 39 AM

Drawn by a 4 year old

Photo Oct 15, 5 24 27 PM

Drawn by a 4 year old

Photo Oct 16, 11 14 58 AM

Don’t you wish you could see their thought process as they are creating!